It’s incredible some of the fashion things I’ll allow myself when the temperatures start getting up. And I know perfectly well that I’d get rid of them without a regret at the end of summer. But let’s not talk of the end of summer until the end of summer, ok?
So like here, for example, I’m about to have my nails painted in fluorescent colors. I ended up convincing myself that I love the idea about 4 hours ago (I’ve been giving it a loooot of thinking, you know…) and so you get that it’s really, really urgent. I need me some fluorescent nails, like, NOW.
How did I convince myself that I like it?
– Because I don’t know what divine intervention is at work here, but it makes feet look awesome.
– Because IT’S SUMMERTIME (Yeeeeeeeaaah!)
– Because with so much bad taste, you start to touch on the sublime.
– Because black nail-polish make my hands look terrible.
– And red nail-polish fits my style a little too perfectly : it’ll be a tad too bourgeoise with my Céline ballerina flats (oh yes!), like, a little bit too First-Lady-of-France-ish. Oh, no.
– Taupe nail-polish is the least summery thing I can think of.
– And guess what? It’s SUMMERTIME (Yeeeeaaah!)
– Because I don’t know what divine intervention is at work here, but it makes hands look awesome !
So who makes the best fluorescent nail-polish? OPI? What do you like better, pink or orange? Blue perhaps? Or green? Shrek style?
Translation : Tim Sullivan